Yield: 2 loaves
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Best Banana Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9x5" loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Beat eggs slightly, and mix into the creamed mixture with the bananas. Mix in sifted ingredients until just combined. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Spread batter into prepared loaf pans, and bake for 75 minutes.
- Tip from a reader: use Smart Balance 67% version instead of butter and use 1% milk.
- Nut lovers can add 1 cup of chopped walnuts when adding the milk.