Three 4oz. cans whole green chiles, drained
1 cup chopped onion
¼ cup butter
4 cups hot cooked white rice
2 cups sour cream
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 large bay leaf, crumbled
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12×8″ baking dish.
2. Slice the chiles lengthwise into halves, leaving the seeds. Set aside.
3. Sauté the onion in butter in a large skillet until golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
4. Layer rice mixture, chiles and cheddar cheese ½ at a time in prepared dish. Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbly.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]