1½ cups sliced mushrooms
¾ cup sliced onion
1 tsp canola oil
¼ cup flour
2 cups milk
1 Tbs minced fresh dill
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ cup shredded swiss cheese
4 large potatoes, peeled, washed and sliced into ¼” thick rounds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. In medium saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onion in oil. Stir over medium-heat until tender (about 5 min.)
3. Sprinkle flour over vegetables. Stir until vegetables are coated with flour. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until mixture is thick and bubbly, about 5-6 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add dill, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and cheese. Cook 1 more minute, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
5. Spread 1/3 of the potatoes over the bottom of the prepared casserole dish, followed by 1/3 cheese sauce. Repeat layering 2 more times. Cover and bake 1½ hours. Remove from oven and let stand for about 15 minutes before serving.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
“Fantastic potato side dish. The mushroom and dill were nice flavors to add to scalloped potatoes.
-San Diego, CA