Dill Potato Salad with Feta a delicious Greek-style, mayo-free potato salad. Sometimes mayonnaise in a potato salad just feels rather heavy. This potato salad has a lighter flair to it.
Dill pickle lovers absolutely have been loving my Dill Pickle Potato Salad, but if you just like the flavor of fresh dill without the pickles, then this potato salad might be for you.
Some people really like sweet pickles in their potato salad. I can’t relate to those people- haha. I love sweet pickles on their own, but in my opinion, dill just works so much better in a potato salad. Potato salad isn’t supposed to be sticky sweet. But I know there are parts of the United States where sweet pickles in potato salad are desired.
- small red potatoes
- red wine vinegar
- vegetable or canola oil
- fresh dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- red bell pepper
- green onions
- crumbled feta cheese
How to make Dill Potato Salad with Feta:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
This isn’t your typical potato salad. There are a lot of fresh ingredients, and there is no mayonnaise in sight.
If you’re up for trying a potato salad that’s really different, then I suggest you give this dill potato salad a shot. It’s also a great salad to display at a party. People will appreciate seeing something unique on the table. The red wine vinaigrette lends a tangy flavor, and the feta cheese is a delicious addition. Enjoy!
I like to call this potato salad sort of “Greek Style” because it does have some great flavors of a good Greek Salad. Fresh dill, red bell pepper, cucumber and feta cheese are all prominent in the recipe. It’s a delicious potato salad with a vinegar-based dressing. It’s very different from a classic potato salad, but that’s what makes it so good. Enjoy!
Dill Potato Salad
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, unpeeled
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 medium cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and bring to to a boil. Cook 25 to 30 minutes or just until tender; drain and cool. Cut the potatoes into quarters, and place them in a bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over the warm potatoes.
- Stir in the chopped bell pepper, cucumber, and green onions; add cheese, and toss in to combine. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.