This Lemon Dill Marinated Salmon recipe is super simple and delicious.
We eat a lot of salmon at my house. And we usually make it just like this lemon dill marinated salmon. It’s super easy to make with just six main, easy-to-find ingredients. You’ll simply marinated the salmon filets and then drain the marinade and bake. It’s so good!
- freshly squeeze lemon juice
- fresh dill
- white sugar
- salt and pepper
What’s the best type of salmon to buy?
When you visit the seafood market (or your market’s seafood department), you will likely have a few different choices on what type of salmon you can buy. I generally go with what is looking best that day. And I often ask the seafood manager for his/her opinion. Frankly, Costco is my favorite place to buy salmon. I buy a big, giant piece of salmon, cut off the filets that I want to make and then freeze the rest.
How to make Lemon Dill Marinated Salmon:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Arrange the salmon over the bottom of a 13×9″ baking dish.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the salmon. Turn the salmon to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°. Drain off the excess marinade from salmon. You can either bake the filets in the pan that you marinated them in, or you can transfer them to a foil-lined, rimmed pan.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
The salmon will flake away easily with a fork, and it will be opaque in the center. If it feels firm, it’s not quite done yet. Serve this lemon dill marinated salmon with rice pilaf, roasted potatoes, caesar salad, roasted green beans or roasted cauliflower. Enjoy!
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Lemon Dill Marinated Salmon
- Four 5-ounce salmon filets
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange salmon on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the salmon Turn the salmon to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425℉. Drain off the excess marinade from the salmon. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. The salmon will flake easily and be opaque in center when done.