Here’s an easy to make, delicious Autumn Salad recipe:
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
This is surprisingly simple to make, and I love the sweet-tasting dressing. I've use toasted cashews instead of pecans for equally great results.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 red delicious apples- skin on
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- Put dressing ingredients into shaker and refrigerate.
- Place lettuce on 8 salad plates. Cut apples into thin wedges and place on lettuce. Sprinkle pecans and blue cheese evenly over salad.
- Drizzle chilled dressing over salads.
- If you prefer, you can toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl and then dish out individual salads. It "looks" prettier when you can fan out the apples on each salad.
- Nutritional Information per serving: Serving size: 1/8th of the salad-- Calories: 201, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sugar: 5.5g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 3.75g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Carbohydrates: 10g
- WW POINTS per serving: Points Plus Program: 6 Old Points Program: 6