Fresh Apple Bread
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup finely chopped (peeled) apple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 5x9-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream sugar, butter and eggs until light and fluffy.
3. Sift together the dry ingredients.
4. In a medium bowl combine the vinegar with apples. Add the apples to the creamed mixture- and stir until mixed well. Stir in the dry ingredients and combine until moistened. Fold in nuts, if using
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.