Here’s a recipe for fall mornings: Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Just like it says... easy... and full of yummy apple chunks.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Add oil, egg and milk and stir just until combined. Fold in apples. Divide batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients, blending together with a pastry cutter or fork. Sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
*To lighten up the recipe a bit, fill the 1/3 cup measuring cup with 1/2 applesauce and 1/2 oil. The muffins will turn out just as moist.
*This recipe may also be made with white whole wheat flour in place of traditional whole wheat flour.