Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Classic Bread Pudding
7 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups granulated white sugar
6 slices good quality white bread
3 cups half and half cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup packed raisins
1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees F.
2. In medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Do not whip. Add half and half and heavy cream slowly to egg mixture until well blended.
3. Mix the topping ingredients in small bowl until well blended.
4. Lay white bread in buttered 9x13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the topping mixture onto the bread. Pour the liquid mixture on top, pushing the bread down when it begins to float. Soak the bread well.
5. Cover the pan with foil and place onto a rimmed sheet pan filled with water. Bake for 1 hour, or until pudding is firm on top and no liquid is showing. Take out of the oven, remove foil from pan. Let cool and serve.