German Chocolate Fudge
Yield: 5 pounds of fudge
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 8 min
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 ounces sweet German chocolate, broken into pieces
7 ounces jarred marshmallow creme or fluff
4 cups granulated white sugar
2 tablespoons butter
13 ounces evaporated milk
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chopped pecans
1. Butter a 15x10-inch (rimmed) jelly roll pan.
2. Combine the chocolate and marshmallow creme in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Combine the sugar, butter, milk and salt in a heavy skillet. Bring to a rapid boil, then boil 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the vanilla.
4. Pour the hot butter mixture over the chocolate mixture in the large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add the nuts and mix well.
5. Spread the fudge into the prepared pan. When cooled, cut into squares.