This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: End of Summer Berry and Melon Salad with Watermelon Vinaigrette.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Strawberry- Melon Salad w/ Watermelon Vinaigrette
Perfect for end of summer strawberries and melons, this blend of fruits and mixed greens is quite delicious with chunks of gorgonzola and a watermelon vinaigrette.
- 1/2 cup watermelon chunks
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups chopped fresh cantaloupe
- 2 cups chopped fresh watermelon
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- Prepare vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a blender or mini food processor and pulse until well combined. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Toss strawberries and melon together in a medium bowl.
- To serve, divide green between 6 salad bowls. Top each with about 1 cup of fruit, and sprinkle with gorgonzola cheese. Drizzle each serving with watermelon vinaigrette.
*Try using other kinds of berries or melon too. *If you don’t care for gorgonzola, try subbing feta cheese (or leave out the cheese).
- Nutritional Information per serving: Serving size: 1/6th of the salad : Calories: 175, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 4.7g, Fiber: 2.5g, Protein: 6.6g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Carbohydrates: 17g
- WW POINTS per serving: Points Plus Program: 5 Old Points Program: 4
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Inspired by Creative Culinary)