EASY ROAST CHICKEN DINNER
1 cup dry white wine
6 peeled carrots, cut in half
6 medium parsnips, peeled and cut in half
10-12 small red potatoes, cut in half
4 lbs chicken pieces
¼ cup melted butter
2 Tbs chopped fresh sage
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 Tbs flour
½ cup chicken broth
3 Tbs chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Pour wine into large roasting pan. Add carrots, parsnips and potatoes. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Drizzle melted butter over chicken and sprinkle with 1 T. sage, salt and pepper. Roast 35-40 minutes, basting occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
3. Place chicken on serving platter and cover to keep warm. Pour pan juices into measuring cup. Roast vegetables 10-15 minutes longer, until browned and tender.
4. For gravy, spoon chicken fat off drippings, placing 1 T. of fat in small saucepan; discard remaining fat. Add flour to saucepan and cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add drippings from pan and broth to saucepan, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened 5-7 minutes. Stir in 1 t. remaining sage and 1 T. parsley.
5. To serve, arrange vegetables on platter with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining herbs. Serve with hot gravy.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]