CURRANT- MUSTARD PORK TENDERLOIN
2 whole pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat
fresh ground pepper to taste
3 tsp butter
1½ cups dry white wine
¾ cup currant jelly
½ cup dijon mustard
1 Tbs dried currants
½ tsp dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Season all of the tenderloins with pepper.
3. Heat butter in large skillet over medium-heat until melted. Add tenderloins. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Transfer tenderloins to a roasting pan.
4. Deglaze the skillet with white wine (boil and scrape up bits in pan).
5. In a small saucepan, heat jelly until melted. Whisk in dijon until blended. Stir into the white wine mixture. Add currants and thyme and mix well. Pour over pork in the roasting pan.
6. Bake for 50 minutes, or until cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Baste frequently while roasting.
7. Remove tenderloins from the sauce to a platter. Cut into slices. Spoon sauce onto individual dinner plates and top with sliced meat.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]