Pork Tenderloin with Apricot- Ginger Sauce
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 50 min
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 pounds pork tenderloins
APRICOT GINGER SAUCE:
20 California dried apricots
One 11-ounce can apricot nectar
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
1. Combine Spice Rub ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Brush tenderloins with olive oil and pat approximately 2 tablespoons of the rub over the surface of each. Arrange tenderloins on grill rack and close the lid.
3. Grill, turning occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 145°. Remove tenderloins to a platter and tent with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice tenderloins and arrange on a serving platter.
4. To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and mix well. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Process the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth.
5. Drizzle sauce over slices of tenderloin and serve warm.
*Avoid using Turkish dried apricots in this recipe, as they lack flavor.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (recipe given to me)