PORK TENDERLOIN WITH APRICOT- GINGER SAUCE
1½ Tbs curry powder
1½ Tbs ground cumin
1 Tbs ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Two 16oz. pork tenderloins
APRICOT GINGER SAUCE:
20 California dried apricots
11 oz can apricot nectar
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup white vinegar
½ cup water
1½ Tbs minced fresh ginger
1½ tsp Asian chili sauce
1. Combine Spice Rub ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Brush tenderloins with olive oil and pat approximately 2 T. of the rub over the surface of each. Arrange tenderloins on grill rack and close the lid.
3. Grill, turning occasionally, for 20-25 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 145°. Remove tenderloins to a platter and tent with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice tenderloins and arrange on a serving platter.
4. To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and mix well. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Process the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth.
5. Drizzle sauce over slices of tenderloin and serve warm.
*Avoid using Turkish dried apricots in this recipe, as they lack flavor.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]