The theme is “Baking with Kids.” Invite your children into the kitchen to help with this one- they get to use a pizza cutter, and they’ll love that! Just click the picture to view the video & print the recipe below…
My son & I often make these sweet treats to go with hot chocolate on a chilly day. Everyone seems to love them, and the sprinkles make them festive. There’s something about using the “pizza cutter” tool that is really exciting for kids, and these are so simple to make that your kids can prepare the entire recipe all by themselves.
½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
4 large (burrito-size) flour tortillas
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ cup red sugar sprinkles
¼ cup green sugar sprinkles
(or use all red or all green, or another color… or no color at all)
1. Place two oven racks in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray (or line with parchment paper).
2. Place tortillas on a cutting board. Brush generously with melted butter.
3. Place ½ cup of sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon into each of two small bowls. Add red sprinkles to one bowl and green sprinkles to the other. Stir until combined.
3. Sprinkle two buttered tortillas with the red sprinkled mixture, and sprinkle the other two tortillas with the green sprinkled mixture.
4. Place 2 tortillas on each baking sheet. Use a pizza cutter to cut them into chip-sized shapes. Spread the pieces apart a little bit on the baking sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 12 minutes, or until crispy and lightly browned,. The chips will begin to curl up on the edges. Rotate baking sheets during baking.
Serves: 8 to 12
*You might have leftover butter or sugar (those are generous amounts given in the recipe), but that just means you can make some more (or use a little less).
*These are great to serve with a big mug of hot chocolate.
*They may, of course, be done without any colored sprinkles. The sprinkles just add some holiday cheer.
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Sweet Italian Sausage Next Post »
Food Porn Daily and Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls