This lightened- up Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is super simple to make. Let your slow cooker do the work for you and dinner will be done in 6 hours!
This is one of those super easy no-brainer slow cooker recipes. All of the ingredients just get dumped into the slow cooker and it’s set to simmer for several hours.
When you’re just about ready for dinner, you’re going to mix up the stuff that’s going to make it a “stroganoff.”
Stir it into the hot, cooked beef mixture and let the slow cooker thicken up the sauce for about 30 minutes while you make the base for your stroganoff: egg noodles, whole wheat pasta, rice, or something else…
And then you’ll have this! I loved that this cooked while our family was at my son’s basketball game one evening last week. When I got home, I had time to finish the sauce and cook the noodles while my boys were cleaning up for dinner. It’s good, hearty comfort food, and it is both light and filling.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck steak, trimmed & cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooked egg noodles, whole wheat pasta or rice, for serving
- chopped Italian parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Combine beef, mushrooms, onions, tomato paste, broth, wine and 3 Tablespoons soy sauce in the bowl of a slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours, or until beef is tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, remaining 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, cornstarch and black pepper; whisk into the hot meat mixture and cook an additional 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve over pasta or rice and garnish with parsley, if using.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (meat only- count pasta or rice separately) Serving size: 1/6th of the recipe Calories 246, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 3g, Fiber 1g, Protein 26g, Cholesterol 78mg, Carbohydrates 1g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 7, Points Plus Program: 6, Old Points Program: 5
More slow cooker recipes on the blogs that look worthy of trying:
- Super Garlic Chicken Legs for the Slow Cooker by Dine and Dish
- Chicken Fajitas in the Crockpot by Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Crockpot Curry with Coconut Milk by Gluten Free Goddess
- Healthy Butternut Squash Crockpot Chili by Jersey Bites
- Crockpot Jambalaya by Food Renegade
Chocolate Drizzled Toffee- Chocolate Chip Cookies Next Post »
Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies