posted in 4th of July

Skinny Ice Cocktails

Here I am sitting around on my summer vacation… eating too many good things and not exercising nearly enough (though I’m trying!) But at least I’m sucking down some skinny cocktails. This is kind of a silly “non-recipe” to share, but since I’m enjoying this as a refreshing summer beverage, and making drinky drinks with it too- I thought you might like to know about it: Skinny Ice Cocktails

Have you had the Sparkling Water ICE beverages yet? They come in all kinds of flavors, and they’re available in the sparkling water section of your market.  FYI, they are sweetened with Splenda.

And by the way, the ICE people don’t know who the heck I am and they didn’t ask me to write a post about their product. Lucky for them, I just kinda love it!

You’ll need the Coconut- Pineapple flavor for this recipe. This summer is the first time I’ve spotted this flavor, and now I’m completely obsessed with it!

To turn it into a cocktail, you’ll need some RUM too. I used Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum, but I’m thinking coconut rum would be great with this flavor combo too.

Fill your tall glass with ice.  Real ice.

Pour in your Sparkling Ice beverage (almost to the top).

Add a couple of glugs of spiced rum.

Garnish with mint leaves to make it all pretty, and that’s it!  It’s a skinny cocktail!  My Weight Watcher’s friends are going to need to help me out here because when I plug in all of the numbers for figuring points on this one, it actually comes out as ZERO (yet there are 120 calories).  Maybe someone can ask a WW leader and get back to us?  If it were me, I’d count a point at least.

Enjoy!  And HEY, experiment with some of the other flavors too:  Pomegranate-Berry + Vodka sounds good to me :)

Yield: 2 drinks

Skinny Ice Cocktails

Ingredients:

1 bottle of Coconut- Pineapple Sparkling ICE beverage
2 shots spiced rum or coconut rum
2 glasses filled with ice cubes
mint leaves for garnish, if desired

Directions:

1. Fill each glass of ice almost to the top with the coconut-pineapple ICE. Add a shot of rum to each (or more). Garnish with mint leaves, if desired. Drink!

Tips:

*Try adding rum or vodka to some of the other flavors of sparkling ICE beverages.

Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1 drink
Calories per serving: 120
Fat per serving: 0g
Saturated Fat per serving: 0g
Sugar per serving: 0g
Sodium per serving: ,span class="sodium">16g
Fiber per serving: 0g
Protein per serving: 0g
Cholesterol per serving: 0mg
Carbohydrates per serving: .6g

WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 0 (I'd count 1 to be safe) Old Points Program: 2

Source: RecipeGirl.com

P.S. On the Sparkling ICE website, they have some cocktail recipes too!.

33 Responses to “Skinny Ice Cocktails”

1. postedJul 5, 2012 9:59 AM
    RecipeGirl's Mom

I don’t know about the points but it looks pretty wicked to me? And yummy,.

2. postedJul 5, 2012 10:12 AM
    lisa

one jigger of rum is 4 pts. on WW points plus

• July 5th, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

Really?? That’s shocking since it’s only 120 cals. A jigger is 1.5 ounces, & I’ve used 2 here. So an FYI to the WW folks.

3. postedJul 5, 2012 10:41 AM
    lisa

I know, surprising – but it has to do with the sugar/carbs – :-(

4. postedJul 5, 2012 11:23 AM
    Libbie Nienstedt

Wish you were here drinking with us! Your San Diego friends miss you :-((

5. postedJul 5, 2012 11:29 AM

it’s not just the calories. I plugged it in my calculator and got 0 pts for 1 ounce of Original Captain Morgans Spiced Rum. Woo-Hoo!

6. postedJul 5, 2012 12:09 PM

Bethenny of SkinnyGirl better watch out – you’ve got the next best idea! Love the sounds of the Coconut- Pineapple flavor!

7. postedJul 5, 2012 1:38 PM

I haven’t seen these Sparkling Ice beverage in stores. There is nothing like travelling and eating, enjoy your vacation!

8. postedJul 5, 2012 2:32 PM
    Stephanie

YUM, looks great. Happy 4th!

9. postedJul 5, 2012 3:22 PM
    Margaret

We use the pink grapefruit flavor and mix it with vodka. Yum. I haven’t tried the coconut-pineapple flavor but will order some from Amazon since I can’t find it in my area.

10. postedJul 5, 2012 3:35 PM

How refreshing! This is much needed today – mid week holidays suck since you’re stuck in the office for another 2 days until the weekend hits. Ugh.

11. postedJul 5, 2012 7:25 PM

I can’t wait to get my hands on some of those ICE beverages. I haven’t even seen them anywhere. Imagine how good this would be blended too – and so easy!

12. postedJul 5, 2012 7:34 PM
    June g.

“real ice”? Lol:)

13. postedJul 6, 2012 12:46 AM

Points or not, this looks like a fun, delicious drink :) yum!

14. postedJul 6, 2012 3:56 AM
    Juli

Funny, this was a WW meeting conversation yesterday. As Lisa said, you can’t just calculate alcohol based on nutrition information because it doesn’t factor in the alcohol grams. The best way is to account for a serving of the alcohol using the given WW info and add it to your mix – in this case, the mix is 0. But 1 oz of rum averages 2 pp – A “standard” shot or jigger in the U.S. is about 1.5 oz = 4 pp.

There’s a formula if you really want to get fancy –

1. Take the total calories in the drink and the total carbs in the drink
    2. Multiply the total carbs by 4 – this gives you the calories from carbs in the drink
    3. Subtract the calories from carbs from the total calories – this leaves you with the calories from alcohol
    4. Divide the calories from alcohol by 7 – this gives you the alcohol grams
    5. Add the alcohol grams to the total fat in the drink (often 0)
    6. In the points calculator you put the alcohol grams + fat in the “fat” box, the carbs in the “carbs” box, and any other nutrition info in their regular boxes (although most alcoholic drinks will not have protein or fiber)

Example:
    Pint of Guiness – 6pp

Calories: 168 – Carbs: 13g – Protein: 1g – Fat: 0g
    13 x 4 = 52 (calories from carbs)
    168 – 52 = 116 (calories from alcohol)
    116 / 7 = 16.6 (alcohol grams)
    16.6 + 0 = 0 (alcohol grams + fat)
    Fat: 16.6 , Carbs: 13 , Fiber: 0 , Protein: 1 = 6pp

• July 6th, 2012 @ 8:38 AM

thanks for all of this info!

15. postedJul 6, 2012 4:40 AM

Is it horrible that is 4:30am and I want one of your drinks? It looks so refreshing, perfect for a hot day! Happy Friday to you!! By the way I would never drink in the morning except for a Mimosa. :)

16. postedJul 6, 2012 4:43 AM
    Lori

OOOOOOHHHH.. I’ve been doing this for a few weeks now. I use Malibu Coconut rum to add some extra coconut flavor. You should also try it with a spritz of lime to really make it sing. They go down SO easy.

17. postedJul 6, 2012 6:19 AM
    Jennifer

Wow! What a great idea. I’ve only seen the ICE drinks at World Market, but I think this would make a great drink.

18. postedJul 6, 2012 7:24 AM

I’ll take the zero points…these look yummy and the coconut-pineapple is for me!

19. postedJul 6, 2012 7:32 AM
    Karen Padilla

They also sell ICE drinks at Hy-Vee grocery stores if you are in the Midwest. Sounds like a drink to try this weekend!

20. postedJul 6, 2012 8:03 AM
    Annika

I have a friend who has been drinking this exact drink for a few weeks and she calls it a “Shiny Pirate”. Thought the name was too cute not to share!

21. postedJul 6, 2012 8:10 AM

We first discovered the Sparkling Ice drinks in Costco some six months ago, and have been hooked ever since. With Subscribe-and-Save on Amazon, you can get a case of your favorite flavor delivered for slightly cheaper (Costco was mixed cases). My favorite is the Pomegranate-Berry, and it was a lifesaver when I gave up Diet Coke.

22. postedJul 6, 2012 10:26 AM
    Renee V.

Are you on Pinterest yet? I tried to do an @ comment when I pinned this but couldn’t find you. Anywhoo, I haven’t tried these waters yet but now I’m gonna HAVE to. Thanks!

• July 8th, 2012 @ 3:54 AM

Hi Renee- Yes, I’m on Pinterest! @RecipeGirl

23. postedJul 6, 2012 2:40 PM
    Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy

I love Captain Morgan’s rum – such a great summer drink.

24. postedJul 6, 2012 6:39 PM

I have seen those, but have not tried them yet. Now I am definitely going to have to pick some up!!

25. postedJul 7, 2012 6:43 PM

I have seen these but have not tried them..
    I ma so heading to store tmrw to pick them..
    Yum!!

26. postedJul 9, 2012 7:06 AM

I have had the pink one (grapefruit I think??) and the lemon lime and I was thinking about how great of mixers they would make….you have just solidified my thoughts, I am going to have to pick a couple up next time I am at the grocery store!

27. postedJul 18, 2012 6:17 PM
    Inthia S

I just stumbled across your site and I happen to be drinking my first bottle if ICE. I’m also a WWatcher. This is fate.

28. postedJul 24, 2012 6:11 AM
    Rachelle

My girlfriend and I made these the other night for our girls’ night in… and now we are both TOTALLY addicted! We made ours with coconut rum. And it’s also really good with the lemon/lime flavor too!

29. postedJul 2, 2014 7:42 PM
    Lee

I use vanilla vodka with the sparkling ice waters! Can’t wait to try it with rum! Thanks!!!

• July 4th, 2014 @ 5:03 AM