Here’s an easy recipe for just Mom and Dad to enjoy: Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom Wine Sauce
If you’re a mushroom lover who enjoys wine with dinner, this recipe is for you! We love mushrooms in my house. We enjoy them so much that sometimes I just sauté a zillion mushrooms and serve them as a side dish to whatever we’re eating. So good!
You’ll use thin sliced chicken breast for this recipe. The thin cutlets are quickly seared. A simple sauté of the mushrooms with garlic, then reduced with white wine and enhanced with fresh thyme… and your dinner is ready in 15 minutes. I’ve included nutritional information and Weight Watchers points in the recipe below.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom Wine Sauce
- Four 4-ounce thin-sliced chicken cutlets (1 pound total)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- One 8-ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray, and add the cutlets. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side- just until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and onions, and cook over medium-high heat until mushrooms begin to brown and soften- about 3 minutes. Add the wine to the skillet, and continue to simmer until about half of the wine has evaporated (4 to 5 more minutes). Stir in the thyme.
- Divide the mushroom mixture between the four cutlets for serving. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top, if desired.
- If you prefer not to use wine in cooking, you can substitute chicken broth for the wine.
- Nutritional Information per Serving (serving size 1 cutlet + 1/4 of the mushroom sauce) Calories: 207, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3.3g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 336mg, Potassium: 219mg, Carbohydrates: 2.8g, Fiber: .8g, Sugar: 1.1g, Protein: 27g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 4, PointsPlus: 5, Old Points Program 5
Here are a few more chicken cutlet recipes you might enjoy:
- Greek Chicken Cutlets by A Beautiful Bite
- Almond Crusted Chicken Cutlets by Cafe Johnsonia
- Pineapple Glazed Chicken Cutlets by Miss in the Kitchen