Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom Wine Sauce is an easy recipe for just Mom and Dad to enjoy! You know… because of the wine.
If you’re a mushroom lover who enjoys wine with dinner, this recipe for Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom Wine Sauce is for you! We love mushrooms in my house. We enjoy them so much that sometimes I just sauté a zillion mushrooms and serve them as a side dish to whatever we’re eating. So good!
This recipe involves chicken breasts that are topped with a delicious and simple sauce that is full of perfectly sautéed mushrooms.
How to make Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom Wine Sauce:
You’ll use thin sliced chicken breast for this recipe. You can buy them already thinly sliced in your market’s chicken section. The thin cutlets are quickly seared (that’s what I love about the cutlets- they cook fast!) A simple sauté of sliced mushrooms with garlic is then reduced with white wine and enhanced with fresh thyme. Your dinner will be ready in only 15 minutes.
A healthy chicken recipe!
I’ve included nutritional information in the recipe below. And if you’re following the Weight Watchers program, the point totals are shown at the top of this post.
Here are a few more chicken recipes you might enjoy:
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Marsala
- Spanish Baked Chicken
- Asian Barbecue Chicken
- Apricot Balsamic Chicken
- Holy Yum Chicken
- Chicken Salsa Verde
- Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom Wine Sauce
- 1 pound thin-sliced chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray, and add the cutlets. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side- just until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the mushrooms, and cook over medium-high heat until mushrooms begin to brown and soften- about 3 minutes. Add the wine to the skillet, and continue to simmer until about half of the wine has evaporated (4 to 5 more minutes). Stir in the thyme.
- Divide the mushroom mixture between the four cutlets for serving. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top, if desired.
- If you prefer not to use wine in cooking, you can substitute chicken broth for the wine-- and if you're following WW and counting points... the use of chicken broth reduces the points!