I’ve always loved this Turkey Pumpkin Chili recipe. It’s a good-for-you kind of chili. No guilt!
This is a nice recipe for a cold day! We sometimes serve this chili with shredded sharp cheddar sprinkled on top– melted and yummy!
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can unsweetened pure pumpkin pureé
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can Great Northern beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 cup water
- Brown meat in large pot. Remove meat and place on paper towels to remove excess fat. Wipe any remaining fat from the pot and coat pot with cooking spray.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic; sauté until tender. Return meat to pot. Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Simmer 30 minutes to 1 hour. If chili is too thick for you, add more water, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve up this chili with some Pumpkin Cornbread!
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: Recipe divided into 8 equal portions) Calories: 276, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Sugar: 4g, Fiber: 5.25g, Protein: 20g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Carbohydrates: 39g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 0, Points Plus Program: 7, Old Points Program: 7
Here are a few more chili recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili by The Slow Roasted Italian
- Halftime Chili by Recipe Girl
- Dad’s Spicy Chili by Two Peas and Their Pod
- Black Bean Turkey Sausage Chili by Recipe Girl