I love this lighter recipe for Mu Shu Pork.
This is not your typical Mu Shu with the Chinese pancakes- this one is more like Mu Shu tacos!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Mu Shu Pork
- 1 pound boneless pork tenderloin, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into thin strips
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian (dark) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Six 6-inch fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 whole green onions, chopped
- Combine pork, 2 tablespoons of the sherry, 2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and the sesame oil in a medium bowl; toss well to coat and set aside. Combine the remaining 4 tablespoons sherry, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch with the hoisin sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a nonstick wok or a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Swirl in 2 teaspoons of canola oil, then add the pork mixture. Stir-fry until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Swirl the remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil, then add the mushrooms, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cabbage and 2 Tablespoons water; stir-fry until cabbage wilts and is crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add scallions, pork and sherry mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave until hot.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup of the pork mixture onto each tortilla, roll up and serve.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/6th of the recipe) Calories: 289, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Sugar: 2.5g, Sodium: 636mg, Fiber: 1.75g, Protein: 21.5g, Cholesterol: 49.5mg, Carbohydrates: 29.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 6, Points Plus Program: 7, Old Points Program: 6
SOURCE:: RecipeGirl.com (via Weight Watchers: Take Out Tonight)