Simply roasted, simply delicious: Oven Roasted Green Beans
If you’re looking for a side dish vegetable to go with your dinner, this is a good one to try. Grab some fresh green beans when they’re available– when they’re at their best. You’ll be glad you did!
This recipe is so simple. Trim your fresh green beans by snapping off the rough ends. Toss them in a bowl with a little bit of olive oil. Spread them onto your baking sheet, and sprinkle with a good amount of salt and pepper.
Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, and you’ll end up with perfectly roasted green beans. They should be slightly crisp, and slightly blistered from roasting. They make a great side dish!
Yield: 5 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 2 pounds fresh green beans (about 50), trimmed
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Put a sheet pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the beans in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Arrange the green bean mixture in a single layer on pre-heated baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° F. for 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Place these in the oven at the last minute while you're finishing the rest of the prep for your dinner.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: about 10 green beans) Calories: 45, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: .25g, Sugar: 1.25g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 1, Points Plus Program: 1, Old Points Program: 1.5
Here are a few more recipes for green beans you might enjoy:
- Sriracha Honey Roasted Green Beans by Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots by Recipe Girl
- Pineapple Pecan Glazed Green Beans by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Roasted Green Beans with Lemon, Pine Nuts and Parmigiano by Recipe Girl
Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots Next Post »
Roasted Green Beans with Lemon, Pine Nuts and Parmigiano