I love these Amish Sugar Cookies so much! They’re a great little crispy sugar cookie.
Amish Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- extra granulated sugar, for rolling
- In a large bowl, use and electric mixer to combine the sugars, butter and oil. Beat well. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until well blended.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Form the dough into small balls, roll in granulated sugar, and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.