Beef Spaghetti Casserole is the perfect, easy-to-make comfort food meal for dinner.
I love to make this beef spaghetti casserole or my chicken spaghetti casserole when I’m just looking for an easy dinner that can feed a handful of people. There’s something pretty comforting about pulling out a baked spaghetti dish for dinner- especially when it’s cold and blustery outside. It’s so easy to make it all at once, and spaghetti is extra good when there is plenty of cheese melted into it!
- dry spaghetti noodles
- ground beef
- cream cheese
- marinara sauce
- sour cream
- Italian seasoning
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
How to make Beef Spaghetti Casserole:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
In a large pot, cook the beef, onion and garlic together. Stir in cream cheese. Then stir in the marinara sauce, sour cream, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper.
Cook the spaghetti noodles until al dente.
Stir the cooked noodles into the meat mixture in the pot. Then stir in mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle more mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes- until everything is all melted and warmed through.
If you would like to put it under the broiler for a few minutes at the end, that’s okay too. That’ll brown the top of the beef spaghetti casserole. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top to make everything look pretty!
Spoon out individual servings. Top with additional Parmesan cheese, if you’d like. Serve with salad and bread for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Here are a few more casserole recipes you might like to try:
- Tex Mex Black Eyed Pea Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Beef Burrito Casserole
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole
Beef Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the inside of a 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook the spaghetti noodles to al dente according to the package directions. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Heat a 5-quart-pot (or a large, very deep skillet) over medium-high heat. Add the beef, onion, and garlic, and cook until the meat is browned and the onion is softened, about 8 minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon to break up the meat.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the cream cheese and stir until it’s fully combined. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, sour cream, Italian herb seasoning, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the cooked spaghetti noodles, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, and ½ cup grated parmesan, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle on the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and ½ cup grated parmesan.
- Bake uncovered until the cheese is melted and the casserole is warm throughout, about 20 minutes. If you want to brown the top, briefly broil the casserole after baking.
- Sprinkle on the parsley and serve.