I really love this simple recipe of seasoned, Broiled Lamb Chops served on a bed of white beans, spinach and tomatoes.
Broiled Lamb Chops with White Beans and Spinach
Really love this simple recipe of seasoned, broiled lamb chops served on a bed of delicious veggies.
Servings: 3 servings (2 small chops per serving)
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- pepper, to taste
- 6 small lamb loin chops
- One 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney beans), drained
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ bunch fresh spinach, stems removed
- In a small bowl, combine the shallots, 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) olive oil, garlic and rosemary and season with pepper. Arrange the chops in a single layer in a glass baking dish. Spoon the shallot mixture over, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the broiler. Remove the lamb from the marinating mixture and place it on a baking sheet. Transfer the shallot mixture to a heavy, medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the beans and chopped tomatoes and stir to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover the bean mixture and keep warm.
- Broil the chops about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the bean mixture onto plates, top with sautéed spinach and lamb chops and serve.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 801kcal, Carbohydrates: 33g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 61g, Saturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 33g, Cholesterol: 105mg, Sodium: 824mg, Potassium: 862mg, Fiber: 10g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 5661IU, Vitamin C: 26mg, Calcium: 187mg, Iron: 8mg