Buffalo Wings are a simple, 4-ingredient recipe. They’re perfect for a party or for Game Day.
Wings are a guilty, comfort-food pleasure. We order them when we’re at happy hour, and we happily reach for them at parties. And they taste so good with whatever sauce they’re tossed in. Well now you can make buffalo wings at home because I’m showing you just how easy it is to do!
This recipe for Buffalo Wings comes from a new book by Faith Gorsky and Lara Clevenger: Keto Junk Food- 100 Low Carb Recipes for the Foods You Crave- Minus the Ingredients You Don’t! I’m very happy about getting my hands on this book because although we don’t eat Keto at my house, we are always trying to eat lower carb. And of course, the junk food-type things are our favorites!
One of the authors (Faith Gorsky) is one of RecipeGirl’s recipe developers and photographers. So I trust her 100% with creating the best recipes!
Here are a few recipes in the book that I have bookmarked to make:
- Loaded French Toast
- Waffle Egg Sandwiches
- Meat Lover’s Pizza
- Bacon Double Cheeseburger
- Orange Chicken
- Keto Lo Mein
- Taco Salad Bowls
- Portobello Mushroom Fajitas
- Keto Margaritas
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- canola or vegetable oil
- chicken wings
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
How to make Buffalo Wings:
Heat about 3 inches of oil in a big heavy pot. Have a candy thermometer on hand because you need the temperature of the oil to reach 350 degrees F.
Carefully drop in half of the chicken wings into the hot oil. Let them fry for about 10 minutes- until they are golden brown. Then remove them from the oil to a paper towel-lined plate to drain some of the oil. Repeat with the remaining wings.
Heat butter in a small skillet, and then mix in the hot sauce. Pour over the fried wings. Toss to coat the wings with the sauce.
Serve buffalo wings on their own or with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. This is the classic way to serve them.
If you want to make your own blue cheese dressing, there is a recipe in the Keto Junk Food cookbook for that!
How to make homemade blue cheese dressing:
Whisk together 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/8 teaspoon onion powder, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Spicy buffalo sauce is the perfect pairing with tangy blue cheese dressing. Dunk away, and when things get too spicy then take a break and dunk a celery stick before you eat another wing. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes for wings that you might like to try:
- Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
- Sweet Chili Glazed Chicken Wings
- Crispy Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- Polynesian Chicken Wings
- canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 pounds chicken wings (mix of drumettes and flats, patted dry and chilled)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- celery and blue cheese dressing, for serving (optional)
- Add 3-inches of oil to a heavy-bottomed 5-quart pot. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350° F. Carefully add half of the chicken wings (straight from the refrigerator) and fry until golden, about 10 minutes. Place the fried chicken wings on a paper towel-lined plate to drain the excess oil. Fry the remaining chicken wings the same way.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Then stir in the hot sauce. Remove from heat.
- To a large bowl, addd the fried wings and hot sauce mixture. Gently toss to coat the wings. Serve.
- If you like your wings extra crispy, fry them up for up to 15 minutes instead of 10.