A totally delicious recipe for Caramelized Scallops with Smoked Chili Cream
Caramelized Scallops with Smoked Chili Cream
These fabulous scallops are served with a drizzle of smoked chili cream sauce. I love them served over fresh greens.
Servings: 4 servings
SMOKED CHILI CREAM
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 2 medium fresh limes, juiced
- ¾ cup sour cream
- salt, to taste
- 2 pounds sea scallops (the larger the better)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper,
- ¼ cup (about) extra-virgin olive oil to taste
- fresh greens (to place scallops on)
- sliced lemons and chopped chives, for garnish
SMOKED CHILI CREAM
- Mix chipotle powder in lime juice and let it sit and "bloom" for 5 to 10 minutes, then whisk it into the sour cream. Add salt to taste; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Arrange scallops on a cutting board with flat side down. Sprinkle the top liberally with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large nonstick skillet until oil just begins to smoke. Reduce heat to medium high and place scallops seasoned side down. Do not disturb them for 2 to 3 minutes. This allows the naturally present sugars in the scallops to caramelize. Turn and sear on the opposite side for 1 to 3 minutes longer, depending on the size of the scallop.
- Place scallops on fresh greens and drizzle with chili cream. Garnish with lemon slices and chives. Serve immediately.
- The Black Dog restaurant also suggests serving these over Potato-Scallion Pancakes.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 348kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Trans Fat: 0.01g, Cholesterol: 80mg, Sodium: 1502mg, Potassium: 584mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 757IU, Vitamin C: 13mg, Calcium: 75mg, Iron: 1mg
Love this recipe! So easy, so quick and so delicious! I served the scallops on a bed of rice, for my rice loving crew, and served the greens on the side.