These Cheese Popovers are simple to make, and they are wonderful with soup!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 12 small ramekins or popover tins.
- Melt butter in small glass bowl in microwave.
- Beat eggs with electric mixer until blended, then beat in milk and melted butter.
- Sift together flour, salt and paprika, then beat into egg mixture. Stir in the cheese.
- Fill prepared pans half-full with batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Do not open the oven door during baking or the popovers will fall.
- For drier popovers, pierce each one with a knife after 30 minutes baking time and bake for a further 5 minutes. Serve hot.