Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake is a moist and tender cake that is chocolatey and delicious!
This is an easy cake recipe that is fun to make for a celebration (like a birthday), and it’s a good everyday dessert cake too. Bake the cake with a simple chocolate glaze drizzled on top, or add sprinkles if you want to party-it-up.
Wait until you slice into it! A peek into the slice and you will see hints of chocolate pudding in every slice. It’s an incredibly delicious cake!
How to make Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake:
This is doctored cake mix recipe. If you’re more of a scratch baker and you don’t like to use cake mix, then this recipe is not for you. But this is a very good, easy chocolate cake recipe, so I certainly suggest you try it!
You will start with a box of Devil’s Food Cake Mix and combine it with a box of instant chocolate pudding, sour cream, milk, vegetable oil, water, eggs and chocolate chips. That makes the batter for the cake, and it’s baked in a bundt pan. The glaze on top is a simple mix of melted butter and chocolate chips.
A note about the cake mix:
Since this Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake recipe calls for using chocolate pudding, it’s important that you use a cake mix that does not have pudding added to the mix. The result will make the cake too moist. It will be plenty wonderful using a regular cake mix with the adding box of pudding.
What to serve with Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake:
This is a very rich cake with great chocolate flavor. Because of the pudding added to the cake, there is plenty of pudding-like bites within the cake. It’s great served with a little bit of fresh whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. Or it’s certainly good enough to serve all on its own. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chocolate cake recipes you might like to try:
- Molten Chocolate Cake
- Best Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Brick Street Chocolate Cake
- Double Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling
- Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- Chocolate Truffle Cake
Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake
- One 15.25-ounce box Devil's Food Cake Mix (use one that does NOT have pudding in the mix)
- One 3.9-ounce box Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
PREPARE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, milk, oil, water and eggs. Beat for about 4 minutes, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool about 15 minutes in the pan, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
ADD THE GLAZE:
- When the cake has cooled, make the glaze. In a medium bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate chips for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk together until nice and smooth, and then drizzle over the cake. If adding sprinkles, sprinkle them on now before the glaze begins to harden.
- *I use full-fat sour cream and whole milk for this recipe.
- *I LOVE the special "baking" spray that they sell now... it includes vegetable oil & flour in the spray, so no need to do the messy flouring of the pan.
- *If you don't have a microwave, heat the glaze in a small saucepan instead.