This dish is gluten free adaptable- please see tips below the recipe…
Cold Poached Salmon with Provencal Mustard
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 large roasted red pepper, jarred or homemade
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Place in a large ovenproof sauté pan with the chicken broth and heat over medium heat just to a simmer.
- Place pan in the oven and poach the salmon until the flesh is opaque, but still medium rare, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the fillets to a platter and cool to room temperature, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place roasted peppers in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine purée, mustard, wine and herbs. Season with black pepper to taste. Chill until ready to use.
- Drizzle mustard sauce over poached salmon to serve.