Here’s a recipe for an incredibly good dish: Drunken Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- One 16 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sherry or vermouth
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray (any size that will accommodate your 4 pieces of chicken).
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dip into the flour to cover all sides. In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken just until browned on both sides. Place the browned chicken in your prepared dish.
- In the same skillet, cook the onions, just until softened. Add the parsley, tomatoes with liquid, cinnamon, cloves, brown sugar, sherry, and raisins. Simmer, uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with almonds. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.