Easy Buttermilk Pie is a delicious, sweet custard pie recipe!
In times like these, it’s nice to be able to have things at home that are quite easy to make. This Easy Buttermilk Pie recipe uses very few ingredients. In fact, you’ll probably need to pick up only buttermilk and a pie crust from the store and the rest of the ingredients will be in your pantry and fridge. You can certainly make your own pie crust, but a store-bought one will work just fine for this recipe too.
I’d describe the texture of this pie as both custard-like and creamy. It’s sweet and simple. And it’s actually the sort of pie I like best!
How to make homemade Buttermilk:
This recipe calls for 2 cups of buttermilk. If you don’t want to purchase a carton of buttermilk, you can make your own buttermilk using milk and lemon juice. Put 2 cups of regular milk in a bowl or measuring cup. Add two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes, and it should become a little bit curdled looking. At this point, it has turned into buttermilk and is ready to use in your recipe.
This is a quick fix for making homemade buttermilk. That being said, since this is a Buttermilk Pie, I would suggest you just bite the bullet and buy a carton of buttermilk to make this pie. It will be actual buttermilk instead of a quick substitute, and it will turn out a beautiful and easy Buttermilk Pie!
Bake this Easy Buttermilk Pie for a nice dessert to have with your meal, and your eaters will be so appreciative. It’s not often that people bake and share pie these days, and this recipe is easy enough for the non-bakers to make for sure. Enjoy!
Here are a few more pie recipes you might like to try:
- Strawberry- Lemon Buttermilk Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- Lemon Sour Cream Pie
- Butterfinger Pie
- Mile High Coconut Cream Pie
- Candy Bar Pie
- Strawberry Margarita Pie
- Chocolate Chip Fluff Pie
Easy Buttermilk Pie
- One 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 1¼ cups granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate and crimp the edges.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Whisk in the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and butter.
- Pour into the unbaked pie crust and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the custard is set.