First Down Dip is the perfect cheesy warm dip recipe.
This dip is so easy to put together. It takes just a few minutes to combine the ingredients, and then it bakes for a short time until warmed and the cheese is melted. Serve this First Down Dip with tortilla chips!
- cream cheese
- green onions
- sour cream
- black beans
- fresh basil
- seasoned salt
- shredded cheddar-Jack cheese
How to make First Down Dip:
The first thing you’ll do is soften up the cream cheese by beating it with an electric mixer until it’s nice and creamy. Then you’ll add in the majority of the ingredients and stir until combined. There are black beans and chicken in this dip too, so it’s nice and hearty!
A little seasoned salt and Tabasco sauce are stirred in too. Just add those according to your taste preference.
Spread the cream cheese layer into a casserole dish. This will be the base for your dip.
Shredded cheese is sprinkled on top. Use all cheddar cheese or use a combination of cheddar and Jack cheeses. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is nice and bubbly and the dip is warmed through.
Use sturdy tortilla chips for dunking. This First Down Dip is so cheesy and creamy and decadent and amazing!! You’ll want to keep dipping and dipping.
Is it okay to use low fat ingredients in a cheese dip?
Yes, but the results will be a little different. Using low fat cream cheese in a warmed cheese dip will work just fine. Using light sour cream is perfectly okay too. Low fat shredded cheese doesn’t melt as well as full-fat cheese, so the cheese you use on top will make the most difference in the outcome.
Obviously, this is a great dip to serve on Game Day. But I like to pull out this recipe for any party where we’re having a little gathering of friends. Everyone loves a great, warm, cheesy dip.
This dip is best when it has come right out of the oven. Chips are easiest to dip when it’s warm and gooey. Enjoy!
Here are a few more dip recipes you might like to try:
- Layered Greek Dip
- Chipotle Lime Crab Dip
- Chili Shrimp Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip
- Hot Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- Beer and Bacon Dip
First Down Dip
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups cooked, diced chicken
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- Tabasco, to taste
- seasoned salt, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar- Jack cheese (or just cheddar)
- tortilla chips, for dunking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, soften the cream cheese by beating until smooth with an electric mixer. Add the next 7 ingredients (through basil) and stir by hand until combined. Add the tabasco and seasoned salt until you reach desired taste.
- Scrape the dip into an oven safe dish. Spread the cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is brown and bubbly (about 13 minutes).
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Nutritional information does not include tortilla chips.
- If you are making this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use chicken, black beans and tortilla chips that are known to be GF.