I love to serve these Greek Salad Bites as a light appetizer. Think of them as a little sample of greek salad without the lettuce. Just like my Spicy Cucumber Stacks, they’re served on top of a slice of cucumber instead.
This appetizer is fresh and light and lower in carbs and fat. It’s perfect for an occasion when you’re looking for a treat that’s not too filling. People at a party always appreciate being able to nibble on appetizers like this one. There are usually so many fattening things to eat at a party, so this is a good option!
How to make Greek Salad Bites:
The “salad” part of the recipe is a mixture of feta cheese, sour cream, fresh parsley, sun dried tomatoes and black pepper. Once you mix that together, you can keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to assemble the appetizers. Make it up to one day ahead.
When ready to serve, cut hothouse cucumbers on the diagonal. Top each slice with a spoonful of the goat cheese mixture.
Combine fresh basil with chopped kalamata olives. Spoon a little of that on top of each dollop of cheese. Then these are ready to serve.
Here are a few more Greek style recipes you might like to try:
- Greek Style Cole Slaw
- Simple Greek Salad with Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette
- Greek Meatballs and Orzo Skillet
- Greek Crostini
Greek Salad Bites
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream (low fat is fine)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ medium English cucumbers
- ¼ cup finely shredded basil leaves
- 10 chopped Kalamata olives
- In a small bowl, stir together the feta, sour cream, parsley, tomatoes, garlic, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours (or overnight).
- Slice the cucumbers on a slight diagonal into ¼-inch slices. Spoon 1½ teaspoons of the cheese mixture onto each cucumber slice. Arrange on serving platter.
- In a small bowl, stir together the basil and olives. Spoon some of the mixture onto each cucumber slice. Serve immediately.
These are the perfect little nibble, Lori! Great for summertime snacking!