I love to serve these as a light appetizer: Greek Salad Bites
This appetizer is fresh and light… perfect for an occasion when you’re looking for a treat that’s not too filling.
Greek Salad Bites
Prep Time:20 minutes + chill time
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (low fat is fine)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained & finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 medium English cucumbers
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
- 10 chopped Kalamata olives
- In a small bowl, stir together feta, sour cream, parsley, tomatoes, garlic, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours (or overnight).
- Slice cucumbers on a slight diagonal into 1/4-inch slices. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture onto each cucumber slice. Arrange on serving platter.
- In a small bowl, stir together basil and olives. Spoon some of the mixture over each cucumber slice. Serve immediately.
- Cut the calories by using reduced-fat feta cheese & light sour cream.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 appetizer) Calories: 33, Fat: 2.65g, Saturated Fat: 1.27g, Sugar: .49g, Fiber: .20g, Protein: 1.17g, Cholesterol: 7.23mg, Carbohydrates: 1.27g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 1, Points Plus: 1, Old Points Program: 1