Spicy Cucumber Stacks are an easy, delicious and good-for-you appetizer recipe.
If you’re looking for an appetizer to serve this summer that is easy to put together, has lighter ingredients and contains nutrients you need to help stay fit… this is the recipe for you.
- sliced cucumber
- prepared hummus
- hard-boiled eggs
- Sriracha sauce
- fresh cilantro
How to make Spicy Cucumber Stacks:
I’m happy to share that this is a super simple recipe. Cucumber slices are topped with a little bit of hummus. You can just use the hummus that you buy at the store — unless you’re jazzed about making your own hummus.
Slices of the hard-boiled eggs top the hummus.
How to make the best hard-boiled eggs:
Place your eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, put a lid on top of the pan, turn off the heat and set the timer for 15 minutes. Drain the hot water and add cold water and ice to the pan. Let the eggs sit in the ice water until completely cooled. Peel and use or eat! If you have an Instant Pot, my friend Gina has great instructions for how to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot.
A little bit of Sriracha sauce is drizzled on top. The flavors all balance out, so don’t worry about it being too spicy.
And a small leaf of fresh cilantro is used as a garnish to finish off each cucumber stack.
You’ll be happy to have this good-for-you appetizer to serve to guests at parties. There are ALWAYS people at parties who are avoiding chips and dip like the plague… and they so appreciate it when there are healthier options to nibble. That’s where this appetizer recipe comes in handy! These are delicious appetizer bites too. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes featuring cucumbers that you might like to try:
- Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Gin Fizz
- Tomato, Cucumber and Basil Salad
- Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad
- Greek Salad Cucumber Bites
- Crab Meat Cucumber Rounds
- Cool Cucumber Dorito Dip
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
Spicy Cucumber Stacks
- 1 large hothouse cucumber, sliced into 14 slices
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus (more or less, as needed)
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs
- Sriracha sauce
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Place the cucumber slices on your serving platter. Top each slice of cucumber with 2 teaspoons hummus.
- Use an egg slicer to slice your hard-boiled eggs- or slice them thinly with a very sharp knife. Place an egg slice on top of each mound of hummus.
- Drizzle Sriracha sauce on top of each egg slice, and garnish with a cilantro leaf. Serve immediately.
- TIP: To make perfect hard-boiled eggs: Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, put a lid on top of the pan, turn off the heat and set the timer for 15 minutes. Drain hot water and add cold water and ice to the pan. Let the eggs sit in the ice water until completely cooled. Peel and use or eat!
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of hummus that is known to be GF.