We absolutely love this Grilled Chicken with Basil Chimichurri Sauce recipe!
What’s to love about this grilled chicken? It’s so simple, and it still has great flavor. Chicken is so easy to grill, but it’s what you put with it that can make all the difference. Lots of fresh and delicious flavors are in this one!
Chimichurri sauce is usually made of parsley and/or cilantro, but in this recipe we’re using fresh basil instead!
- skinless, boneless chicken breast
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- red onion
- red wine vinegar
- lemon juice
How to make Grilled Chicken with Basil Chimichurri:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
You can certainly use the thin-cut chicken breasts for this recipe so they’re already all about the same thickness. Just keep in mind that those will grill rather quickly, so don’t dry them out!
Be sure to grab a little of that chimichurri with every bite of your grilled chicken. It will be tangy and delicious with the red wine vinegar and lemon juice. The basil gives it a refreshing chimichurri twist. Enjoy!
The Best Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Honey Chicken with Cherry Sauce
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Citrus Garlic Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Oregano
Grilled Chicken with Basil Chimichurri
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a mallet, pound the chicken lightly to about ½-inch thick. You want all of the chicken pieces to have the same thickness for easy grilling. Brush 1 tablespoon oil over both sides of the chicken; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium. Grill 4 minutes per side or until done (165 degrees F.)
- Meanwhile, for the chimichurri, in a small bowl combine the remaining oil, basil, onion, garlic, vinegar, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the grilled chicken topped with the chimichurri sauce.