LOVE this recipe for simple grilled chicken with a wonderful topping: Grilled Chicken with Basil Chimichurri
Grilled Chicken with Basil Chimichurri
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons for 2 WW SmartPoints)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a mallet, pound the chicken lightly to about 1/2-inch thick. You want all of the chicken pieces to have the same thickness for easy grilling. Brush 1 tablespoon oil over both sides of the chicken; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium. Grill 4 minutes per side or until done (165 degrees F.)
- Meanwhile, for the chimichurri, in a small bowl combine the remaining oil, basil, onion, garlic, vinegar, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve grilled chicken topped with chimichurri.
- Nutritional information per serving: calories 301, fat 15g, cholesterol 124mg, sodium 514mg, carbohydrates 1g, protein 39g
- Weight Watchers: Freestyle SmartPoints (reduce oil to 2 T.): 2, SmartPoints: 6, PointsPlus: 7, Old Points Program: 7