This Warm Crab Dip is super easy to make, and it’s quite delicious too!
Sometimes you just need a recipe for a really quick appetizer to make and share with others. This is it! This warm crab dip is totally satisfying comfort food. It’s a mix of crab and artichoke hearts in a creamy sauce. It’s the kind of indulgence that you’ll want to dip into over and over again. It’s so good!
- cream cheese
- dry white wine
- artichoke hearts
- crab meat
- crumbled blue cheese
- black olives (optional)
It’s okay to lighten up this recipe a bit using reduced fat cream cheese and mayonnaise. Any dry white wine will do (sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio are suggested). Crab meat can be from the can or fresh, lump crab. Crumbled blue cheese may be substituted with crumbled feta cheese, if you prefer.
How to make Warm Crab Dip:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
If you’re not into olives, you can always leave them off. I suggest a sprinkle of fresh parsley instead to make it look pretty!
This warm crab dip is best when served piping hot, right out of the oven. Have plenty of dunkers available. Pita chips are great for dunking, and you can opt to include tortilla chips or baguette slices too.
If you’d like to spoon out some of the dip into smaller bowls for individual dipping, then that’s an option too. Enjoy!
The Best Crab Recipes:
- Crab Fettuccine
- Chipotle Lime Crab Dip
- Crab Salad
- Corn and Crab Chowder
- Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons
Knock-Your-Socks-Off Warm Crab Dip
- 4 ounces (½ cup) cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- One 16-ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh crab meat, drained and shells removed (or two 6-ounce cans, squeezed dry)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (ok to use light)
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup sliced black olives, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream cheese and wine. Cook over low heat until the cheese is creamy, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and whisk until blended. Fold in the remaining ingredients, except the olives.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for 30 minutes and garnish with sliced black olives, if using.
- Serve warm with assorted crackers, tortilla or pita chips.