This Hot Cheesy Almond Dip is a quick and easy dip made in the microwave! Can’t get much easier than this.
When 5 o’clock rolls around, we’re always opening the fridge to see if we have something we can quickly make for an easy happy hour munchie. Cheese and crackers are the obvious choice, but sometimes I like to hunt down an easy appetizer recipe. This is one of those easy recipes!
How to make Hot Cheesy Almond Dip:
There is a short list of ingredients for this recipe. You’ll need cream cheese, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, ground nutmeg, pepper and sliced almonds. Since this is a dip that is made entirely in the microwave, it’s so simple to put together. You’ll combine all of the ingredients (except almonds) with an electric mixer. And then you will gently stir in the almonds. All is scraped into a casserole dish and microwaved for a mere 6 minutes. That’s it! It will be all hot and cheesy and ready for spreading onto crackers or bread.
How to toast almonds:
Toasted almonds are what you need for this recipe. It’s really easy to toast almonds! Just heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the almonds and move them around until they begin to brown. Then transfer them from the pan to a paper towel to cool.
This decadent, cheesy dip is best when made and eaten right away. Since the dip won’t stay hot for long, pull it out of the microwave and serve immediately!
Can this dip be made in the oven instead of the microwave?
Yes! If you would rather bake this in the oven, bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Here are a few more hot dip recipes you might like to try:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Hot Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Beer and Bacon Dip
- Easy Queso Dip
- Hot Reuben Dip
- Wild Mushroom and Artichoke Dip
- Texas Trash Dip
- Pepperoni Dip
Hot Cheesy Almond Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (light mayo is fine)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine all ingredients except the almonds at a medium speed until well blended. Then stir in the almonds.
- Spread into a small, decorative casserole dish or an 8x8-inch glass dish.
- Microwave about 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is warm (stir after 4 minutes). Do not overcook.
- Stir before serving. Serve with crackers or rye bread rounds.
- To toast almonds, heat a skillet and place almonds inside. Sauté the almonds (dry) stirring every 30 seconds or so, until the almonds begin to turn golden brown. Tend to them closely so they don't burn.
- If you would rather bake this in the oven, bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.