Lemon Chive Roasted Vegetables are simply roasted potatoes and carrots with some delicious flavors mixed in.
When you need a new side dish recipe for your fabulous roasted chicken, grilled steak or pot roast dinner, try these lemon chive roasted vegetables! They are simply flavored, and they are easy to make. If you’re a cheese lover, sprinkle some grated Parmesan on top as they come out of the oven.
- small red potatoes
- small fingerling potatoes
- baby carrots
- sweet onion
- olive oil
- fresh chives
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon zest
- lemon juice
How to make Lemon Chive Roasted Vegetables:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
Tip on Zesting and Juicing Lemons:
When a recipe calls for both zest and juice from a lemon, there’s a process! Make sure you zest the lemon before you juice it. It seems like a no-brainer, but believe me… I’ve made mistakes plenty of times and juiced a lemon only to realize I need the zest too!
The Best Vegetable Side Dish Recipes:
- Sautéed Broccoli and Carrots with Pecans
- Lemon and Herb Roasted New Potatoes
- Easy Squash Casserole
- Smoky Cauliflower Gratin
- Asparagus with Garlic Mustard Sauce
Lemon Chive Roasted Vegetables
- cooking spray
- ¾ pound small red potatoes, halved
- ¾ pound small fingerling potatoes, halved
- ½ pound baby carrots
- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, olive oil and garlic; toss well to coat. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chives, zest and juice; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.