Lemon Cranberry Mini Loaves are pretty little loaves that are perfect for snacking!
This recipe turns out delicious lemon loaves studded with dried cranberries. A glaze drizzled on top makes them perfect. They’re yummy to eat for breakfast or to have as a mid-afternoon snack. They’re a nice alternative to banana bread. But the thing I like most about these lemon cranberry mini loaves is that they make perfect homemade gifts. I wrap them up and give them during the fall holidays as hostess gifts for parties or as gifts for my neighbors too.
How do you make Lemon Cranberry Mini Loaves?
Mix up the lemon cranberry bread batter. Divide the batter between four mini loaf pans. Or you can use a 4-cavity mini loaf pan and bake them all in one pan! It takes about 40 minutes to bake the mini loaves. Let them cool for a few minutes in the pan, and then pop them out of the pans and transfer them to a rack.
Use a toothpick or skewer to poke holes in each of the mini loaves. Combine white sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Heat it up in the microwave, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. While the lemon cranberry mini loaves are still warm, spoon the sweet lemon glaze on top of each loaf.
Let the loaves cool completely. The glaze will soak in, so they won’t be so sticky.
This recipe makes four mini loaves. Slices are perfect for adding to a breakfast board.
How to freeze bread loaves:
After the mini loaves have cooled completely, wrap each of them in plastic wrap. Then wrap each of them in foil. Then drop them into a large freezer zip baggie. They’ll stay fresh in the freezer pretty nicely for up to three months. To defrost, just take them out of the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature.
Bake some lemon cranberry mini loaves for the holiday season this year. Enjoy!
You might also enjoy these breakfast bread recipes:
- Cranberry Almond Swirl Bread
- Sour Cream Maple Bread
- Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Apple Cider Bread
Lemon Cranberry Mini Loaves
- ⅔ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray four 5¾"x 3" x2" loaf pans with nonstick spray.
MAKE THE BREAD:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter, sugar, lemon juice and zest. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Stir in the cranberries (reserving about ⅓ cup to sprinkle on the tops of the loaves).
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Sprinkle the reserved cranberries on the tops of the loaves. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks.
ADD THE GLAZE:
- With a toothpick or skewer, poke several holes in each loaf. For glaze, stir together the sugar and lemon juice in a glass cup. Microwave about 45 seconds to warm the mixture up; stir until the sugar is dissolved. Spoon the glaze over the loaves. Cool completely before slicing.