This Cranberry Orange Bread is super moist, and it’s a delicious choice to make for a fall breakfast.
Cranberry Orange Bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup orange juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped, optional
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, water, orange juice, oil, egg and orange zest; mix well. Stir dry ingredients into wet and stir just until moistened. Fold in nuts (if using) and cranberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator.
- Greasing the bottom of the pan only and not the sides helps to avoid the bread from falling in the center.