Mock Margaritas are a nice way to enjoy the flavors of a margarita without the alcohol.
What is a Mock Margarita?
A Mock Margarita is a margarita cocktail that doesn’t have any alcohol added to it. It’s a non-alcoholic beverage. Sometimes you might like to enjoy the flavor of a margarita, but maybe it isn’t the right time for drinking alcohol. Or maybe you don’t drink alcohol. This is the recipe for that occasion.
How to make Mock Margaritas:
This recipe calls for blending thawed frozen lemonade and limeade concentrate with powdered sugar and ice. Then you’ll be freezing that mixture until it’s firm.
30 minutes before serving, you can take out the frozen mixture from your freezer. Then you’ll pour in a liter of club soda and stir the mixture until it becomes slushy.
To serve, you’ll pour the no-alcohol margarita mixture into salt rimmed glasses and garnish with lime wedges.
What is frozen lemonade or limeade concentrate?
Frozen lemonade and limeade concentrate can be found in the freezer aisle near the fruit. They come in 12-ounce cans. You’ll need one of each, and for this recipe you will let them thaw completely in the refrigerator or at room temperature before using.
You might consider serving these at a Mexican-themed party where you know you’ll have guests who don’t drink alcohol. They might be tempted by your classic tequila margaritas, and then they’ll be pleasantly surprised that you’re offering a non-alcoholic version as well.
Can this recipe be turned into classic margaritas with alcohol?
Yes! Just add in a cup of tequila to the lemon-lime mixture before freezing. You could also mix it in with the club soda, if you prefer.
If you’re looking for margarita recipes that do have some alcohol in them, try one of these:
- Citrus Margaritas
- Strawberry Margaritas
- Frozen Blackberry Margaritas
- Pineapple Margaritas
- Old Town Margaritas
- Prosecco Margaritas
- Watermelon- Mint Margaritas
- One 12-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- One 12-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 cups crushed ice
- lime wedges
- margarita salt
- 1 liter bottle club soda, chilled
- Process half of lemonade, half of limeade, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 3 cups of crushed ice in blender. Pour into a 4 liter jug. Repeat with remaining ingredients and pour that into the jug too. Place into a freezer until mixture becomes firm.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving. Rub rims of glasses with lime wedges; place salt in flat bowl and dip glass rims into salt. Add club soda to the lemon/lime mixture, stirring until it becomes slushy. Pour into prepared glasses.
- You can make this a regular Margarita by adding a cup of tequila before freezing.