One Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies are a very easy to make and easy to clean-up cookie recipe!
I know that there are a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there. And they’re all competing for the top spot, claiming to be the best chocolate chip cookie recipe on the internet! I doubt that my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe will ever be knocked out of its number one position, but I must say that these One Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies rank right on up there with the list of the best.
The recipe comes from one of my favorite cookie baking cookbooks: Simply Sensational Cookies by Nancy Baggett. I love this book because it has a rather extensive collection of different types of cookies- one bowl, no-bake, hand-shaped, rolled, slice-and-bake, fancy cookies, brownies, bars and more. I reach for it when I get a cookie craving, and I need a new idea to bring into my kitchen.
Supplies needed for baking cookies:
In this simple chocolate chip cookie recipe, all of the ingredients are combined in just one bowl. No chilling of the dough is necessary. And for the nicest, round cookies, you’ll shape them into balls before placing on the baking sheets. I like to dot extra chocolate chips on the top of the dough balls so they come out of the oven looking pretty when baked.
What’s the texture like on these One Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies?
They’re crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle. Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips are recommended. Nancy Baggett (author of the recipe) also suggests using chopped chocolate in place of chocolate chips. If you do, she says, be sure to use a chocolate with a cacao percentage lower than 65% or the cookies may flatten too much.
How to store chocolate chip cookies:
Store in an airtight container for up to one week. Freeze them in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
It’s time to bake some cookies! Let me know when you try these One Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies, and come back and comment and share your results. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chocolate chip cookie recipes you might like to try:
- Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Worst Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (generous... so a tiny bit more)
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter until very soft but not completely melted. Stir the sugars into the butter, mashing out any lumps with the back of the spoon; stir until well blended. Stir in the egg, vanilla, salt and baking soda until the mixture is well blended and smooth. Stir in the flour, just until incorporated. Gently stir in 1½ cups of the chocolate chips. If the dough is too soft to shape, stir in up to 2 tablespoons of additional flour to stiffen it slightly.
- Shape the dough into 1 to 1½-inch balls, spacing 2-inches apart on the baking sheets. Use the palm of your hand to flatten each ball slightly. Dot additional chocolate chips on the top of each ball of dough.
- Bake one sheet at a time until edges have lightly browned and they are not quite firm when pressed in the middle, 10 to 13 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or so before transferring them to a cooling rack.