These Pineapple Muffins are one of my favorite muffin recipes. Spotting pineapple in a muffin isn’t super ordinary, and that’s what I love about them. They’re perfectly sweet and tropical!
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple (save the juice)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk (nonfat is fine)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Drain pineapple (reserving 1/4 cup juice- also reserve about 2 Tablespoons of the pineapple to add to the tops of the muffins). Add bulk of pineapple, reserved juice, egg, milk, and butter to the dry ingredients; stir just until combined. Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups (that's the easiest way to do it... or just spoon it in). Sprinkle a little bit of the reserved, crushed pineapple onto the tops of each one.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle the crumbled topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.