Pizzette with Gorgonzola, Tomato and Basil is a beautiful and easy appetizer. The first time I made them we devoured every bite!
This is a super easy to make appetizer made with pre-made pizza dough. You can usually find a ball of pizza dough at your regular market. Did you know that most pizza places will sell you a ball of their dough too? All you have to do is ask them if you can buy it!
Serve these delicious, little pizzette appetizers at a cocktail party, Friday night with friends or for a sports-themed party like Super Bowl. Everyone loves pizzettes!
- pizza dough
- crumbled gorgonzola
- cherry tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
How to make Pizzette with Gorgonzola, Tomato and Basil:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Bake until the pizzettes are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Drizzle the pizzettes with oil and sprinkle them with basil, and add salt and pepper.
Arrange the pizzettes on a platter and serve immediately. They actually taste very good when they come to room temperature too, so don’t worry too much about trying to keep them hot. Enjoy!
Best Appetizer Recipes:
- Cranberry- Crab Phyllo Cups
- How to make Bruschetta
- Easy Party Pinwheels
- Buffalo Wings
- Baked Brie with Fig Jam
Pizzette with Gorgonzola, Tomato and Basil
- 8 ounces purchased pizza dough
- 3 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 475°F and spray a heavy large baking sheet with cooking spray (or line with parchment paper).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to ¼-inch thick. Using a 2 to 2½ inch diameter cookie cutter, cut out 18 circles from the dough. Arrange the circles on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the gorgonzola cheese over the circles. Top with tomatoes, pressing them gently into the dough.
- Bake until the pizzettes are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Drizzle the pizzettes with oil and sprinkle them with basil, and add salt and pepper. Arrange the pizzettes on a platter and serve immediately.
- These taste good when they come to room temperature too, so don't worry about trying to keep them warm.