Love this warm and comforting soup recipe: Quick Chicken Corn Chowder
Yield: 6 servings (serving size 1 cup)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Quick Chicken Corn Chowder
Perfect rainy-day quick soup. The three of us gobbled up the whole batch. Delicious!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded & minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breast halves)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels (or use 3 ears of fresh corn)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and jalapeño; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add in the flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the milk and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until thickened (about 5 minutes.)
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 cup) Calories: 256, Fat: 6.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.3g, Sugar: 10g, Fiber: 2.35g, Protein: 21.25g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Carbohydrates: 30.12g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per 1 cup: Freestyle SmartPoints: 6, Points Plus Program: 7, Old Points Program: 6
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Cooking Light)