This Roasted Carrots recipe calls for the carrots cut into thick slices, tossed in olive oil and then roasted in the oven. Roasted carrots out of the oven are then combined with fresh dill.
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 12 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole. Slice carrots diagonally in 1 1/2-inch-thick slices. (The carrots will shrink while cooking, so make the slices big).
- Place carrots in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a sheet pan in 1 layer and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until lightly browned and tender. Toss the carrots with minced dill or parsley, season to taste and serve.