These Glazed Cranberry Carrots are a super easy side dish recipe.
And when I say, “super easy”… I mean it’s completely ridiculously easy. Baby carrots are boiled in water until softened. Then the water is drained and the carrots are set aside. You’ll add jellied cranberry sauce, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and salt to the hot pan. That’s it! The cranberry sauce will melt with the heat and blend with the butter and other ingredients to create a sweet sauce.
The carrots are added back to the pan and then you just toss until they’re coated with the sauce. Did you ever imagine that carrots could be addicting? Well… they are with this sauce on it! Ho-Hum carrots are transformed into sweet things that are worth eating. Yum!
I love this side dish for a fall holiday meal, and it’s also good for a weeknight dinner too. These Glazed Cranberry Carrots are sure to be a big hit!
Here are a few more recipes for carrots that you might enjoy:
- Roasted Carrots
- Asparagus and Carrots with Maple Butter Sauce
- Roasted Whole Carrots with Rosemary and Honey
- Slow Cooker Honey Cinnamon Carrots
- Baby Carrots with Tarragon
- Roasted Balsamic Carrots
- Honey Glazed Pea Pods and Carrots
- Glazed Carrots
Glazed Cranberry Carrots
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the carrots in a large saucepan. Add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain, remove carrots and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the cranberry sauce, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted and mixture is smooth. Add the carrots; stir to coat. Heat through.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of cranberry sauce that is known to be GF.