This Honey Glazed Pea Pods and Carrots side dish recipe has a slightly sweet flavor. It’s the perfect pairing with steak or filet mignon.
I don’t know about you, but whenever I’m making dinner… it’s really easy to think of a great main dish recipe, but choosing the side dishes to go with it is more of a challenge. I usually opt for a little bit of a carb (rice or potato) and a salad. But when I find a really great vegetable recipe, I’m all for it! This is an easy vegetable side dish recipe to make to go with your meal.
Since carrots take longer to cook and become tender, you’ll boil those first. The fresh pea pods are added in toward the end. Then the vegetables are strained out and set aside. To the pan, you’ll add butter and a little cornstarch. Once that’s melted, you can add the vegetables back to the pot, and then you will swirl in some honey too.
I absolutely love the honey added to these veggies. It makes these Honey Glazed Pea Pods and Carrots so sweet and delicious!
Here are a few more recipes featuring carrots that you might enjoy:
- Carrot and Orange Soup
- Asparagus and Carrots with Maple Butter Sauce
- Roasted Parmesan Carrots
- Roasted Whole Carrots with Rosemary and Honey
- Baby Carrots with Tarragon
- Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- Orange Glazed Carrot Ribbons
- Glazed Cranberry Carrots
Honey Glazed Pea Pods and Carrots
- 1 1/3 cups peeled & sliced carrots
- 5 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil. Add the carrots and cook until tender crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the pea pods and cook until tender crisp; drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and stir in the cornstarch. Return the carrots and peas to the pan and stir in the honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.