This Roasted Salmon recipe is simple marinated in pineapple and lemon juice. Then it’s covered with spices and roasted in the oven. The result: a delicious, tender salmon with great flavor! I’m going to call it family-friendly, since it was a big hit with my own family.
Roasted Salmon with Spicy Pineapple Marinade
Prep Time:10 minutes + marinating time
Cook Time:12 minutes
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or 2 small cans)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (or juice from 1 lemon)
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- lemon slices, optional
- Combine pineapple juice, lemon juice and salmon fillets in a large zip bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 11x7-inch dish with nonstick spray.
- Remove fish from bag- drizzle a small amount of the marinade onto the bottom of the prepared pan and discard the rest. Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through cinnamon) in a bowl. Rub over fish; place in the baking dish.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (timing will depend on the thickness of your salmon). Serve with lemon slices, if desired.
- Nutritional Information per serving (serving size: 1 fillet) Calories: 314, Fat: 14.7g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 35.3g, Cholesterol: 111mg, Carbohydrates: 9g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 9, PointsPlus: 8, Old Points Program: 6