This Roasted Salmon with Pineapple Marinade is an incredible tasting salmon recipe! This salmon is simple marinated in pineapple and lemon juice. Then it’s covered with spices and roasted in the oven.
The result is a delicious, tender salmon with great flavor! I’m going to call it family-friendly, since it is always a big hit and most requested salmon recipe within my own family. If you enjoy roasted salmon, you will most likely enjoy my Salsa Roasted Salmon recipe too. Serve with this delicious, fresh mango slaw for a complete dinner!
- pineapple juice
- lemon juice
- salmon fillets
- brown sugar
- chili powder
- grated lemon zest
- ground cumin
- ground cinnamon
- lemon slices, for serving (optional)
How do you make roasted salmon?
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
In a large, zip baggie combine the pineapple juice, lemon juice and salmon fillets. Zip the baggie closed, and marinate the salmon for 30 minutes to one hour (turning the salmon occasionally). Don’t let it marinate longer than one hour. The acidity in the juices limit the marinating time.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet or pan with nonstick spray.
Remove the salmon from the bag, and place the fillets in the baking dish. Drizzle a small amount of the marinade on top. Combine sugar and spices in a bowl. Divide the sugar/spice mix among the salmon fillets. Bake the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes away easily.
There is an incredible amount of flavor in this salmon. The fruit juices lend a delicious sweet, citrus flavor to the fish. And the combination of spices and sugar rubbed on top is so amazing too.
For serving, top with fresh lemon slices. Mostly just because they look pretty. Alternately, you can serve with fresh pineapple chunks. Enjoy!
Here are a few more salmon recipes you might enjoy:
- Asian Salmon Steaks
- Salmon with Mustard and Brown Sugar Glaze
- Broiled Honey Lime Glazed Salmon
- Roasted Salmon with Spicy Apricot Glaze
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Roasted Salmon with Spicy Pineapple Marinade
- ½ cup pineapple juice (or 2 small cans)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (or juice from 1 lemon)
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- lemon slices, optional
- In a large zip bag, combine the pineapple juice, lemon juice and salmon fillets; seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 11x7-inch dish with nonstick spray.
- Remove the fish from the bag and drizzle a small amount of the marinade onto the bottom of the prepared pan, discarding the rest. Combine the sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through cinnamon) in a bowl. Rub over the fish; place in the baking dish.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (Timing will depend on the thickness of your salmon). Serve with lemon slices, if desired.